Question
Posted by: Wondering | 2008/08/18

Desperate

I am 1.65 m tall and weigh 90kg and am 26. I started gym and eat alot of fresh fruit and veg now.

I am wondering, how much is the skin going to shrink? Or will i have all this loose skin?

How do i get it to shrink with me???

What can i do???

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hello ‘Wondering’, thank you for the question.

The skin should (to a point) ‘shrink’ as you lose the weight. To try and increase the collagen and elastin fibres in the skin I would consider using a glycolic acid moisturizer such as NeoStrata High Potency Body Lotion or Ultra Smoothing Body Lotion. After this limit is reached one may have to consider the following:

Skin Tightening Technologies: Syneron Refirme or Velashape, Thermage, Titan or surgery.