Question
Posted by: jack | 2008/08/17

desperate

desperately lookin 4 psychiatrist specialist in hypnotherapy in durban or surrounding. please help.

NO competent psychiatrist I have ever met, would specialize in such a marginal and dubious field as hupnotherapy. And if such a creature exists, I would strongly recommend that you avoid him or her. And it is profoundly unwise to arive at a specialist having already decided what treatment you need and demand. You don't go to a surgeon and describe the operation you insist he should perform on you. See any competent psychiatrist, and there are several in Durban, for a proper assessment and diagnosis, and then discuss treatment options. If the psychiatrist considers some form of hypnosis to be potentially useful as PART of a far broader and more scientifically valid program of treatment, fine.

7
Posted by: jack | 2008/08/18

Hi Rosey
tell me more. could we form a hypnotherapy forum.

Reply to jack
Posted by: Rosey | 2008/08/18

I' ve tried hypnotherapy for social anxiety. I had treatment for about a year and a half and I must say, it made subtle differences over a period of time. My thinking began to change, my thoughts became more positive and my confidence started to improve.

Reply to Rosey
Posted by: JACK | 2008/08/18

thanx!!! ur god(dess)

Reply to JACK
Posted by: HomoeoPsych | 2008/08/18

Hi Jack

No, you' re not alone - there are actually a large number of psychologists (and even a few psychiatrists) making use of hypnosis in their clinical practice. CS absolutely hates this idea because, in his mind, the only form of therapy that is ever effective with anything, is CBT!

The SASCH divisonal chairperson in Dbn is Dr Lynne Campbell-Gillies. I don' t have her tel no, but I' m sure she' ll be in the book.

go well

Reply to HomoeoPsych
Posted by: jack | 2008/08/18

wow! Thank god im not alone. do u think i could correspond with a group of people who are like minded in this field.
I really appreciate ur contribution.
thanx! thanx! thanx!

Reply to jack
Posted by: HomoeoPsych | 2008/08/18

Hi Jack

Hey, he' s made up his mind, PLEASE don' t confuse him with facts!

You can contact the SA Society for Clinical Hypnosis for a referral. SASCH has trained professionally registered psychologists, medical practitioners and, more recently, social workers in clinical hypnosis &  hypnotherapy fo over 20 years &  has a database of practitioners all over the country

Go well

Reply to HomoeoPsych
Posted by: jack | 2008/08/17

thank u very much 4 ur response. i get the feel that u r not agreeable 2 hypno therapy. there r innumerable scientists + doctors + surgeons &  professional people who hav used this help personally as well as on their patients. One head of psychiatry at a hospital in America swears by it. without making u angry, do u think i could ask you to reconsider.
Thank you.

Reply to jack