Question
Posted by: Rob | 2008/10/11

Desperado

Hi Doc.
My girlfriend and I have been trying to have a baby for the past 8 months with no luck. We have been together for a year now and she has been trying to have baby with her ex for the past 7 yrs. I' ve got a child from previous affair and her ex had a child with someone after seperating with her. Could there be something wrong with my girlfriend, and if so, I' ll appreciate your best advice.

Dear Rob

It is quiet possible that there is something wrong with your girlfriend so I suggest that you see your gynaecologist and he needs to do and examination followed by either a laparoscopy of an HSG to assess whether her fallopian tubes are opened or closed and also to assess if she is ovulating.

Answered by: Dr. Y. Dasoo