Question
Posted by: NP | 2011/07/26

desparately in need of advice

my ex opened a savings account for our child to which i also deposited money for their future. now i cant access the money because he is the only signatory to the minor''s account. i do not have any income and cannot afford their school fees. he doesnt even contribute to their maintenance. can i force him to sign over the account to me and what if he withdrawn all the monies in the account?

we also bought 3 properties that are registered in both our names, after we broke up, he went to the estate agencies and changed the bank details. though im a 50% title holder to the properties, i do not receive even a cent from the rental income. i can afford a lawyer at the moment, please advice, what to do?

Expert ImageFamily law expert

I would approach the maintenance court if I was you and get a proper maintenance order in place or in the event that he is in arrears obtain a writ from the court to attach the funds that is in the account.

1
Posted by: family law expert | 2011/07/26

Reply to family law expert