Posted by: Adele | 2009-06-11

Desmopressin acetate tablets for my cat

My 9 month old male cat has been drinking loads of water and urinating way too much so I took him to the vet to try and detirmine the cause. The vet tested multiple uriune tests and blood tests but everything came out clear. He thinks my cat might have Diabetes Insipidus (DI) and wants me to give my cat Desmopressin acetate 0.2 mg tablets for a week long to see wether there is a change. Is it safe for me to give my cat these pills as a test? What if he doesn' t have DI, can the pills damage him?

Dear Adele

For all that money you paid your vet he should be answering these questions. It it was not safe he would probably not give you the tablets.

Posted by: Chill | 2009-06-11

Don' t you trust your vet?

Ask him all these questions, if you' re not sure!

Reply to Chill