Question
Posted by: Puleng | 2011/08/16

Desire for Sex

Hi, I am a black guy aged 34 and my wife is 27. We''ve been dating for 6yrs but she doesn''t have sexual desire and I know she loves me a lot. We can have sex maybe once a week, then goes two 2 weeks without it even if I try know seductive methods.

Please advise of what I should do or what could be the cause for this? She is not taking any oral contraceptives.

I also love her big time...

Dear Puleng,

It is a very common phenomenon in relationships that one member of the couple has a higher sex drive than the other. The situation where both desire sex equally as often and enjoy exactly the same types of sexual activity is very uncommon.

So it is possible that this is her level of sexual desire. It is also possible that other factors such as her family history in relation to sexuality, religious and cultural background, or past possibly negative sexual experiences all contribute to how she feels and thinks about sex. This being a too complex issue to address in this forum.

It may be of value for the two of you to see a couples & sex therpaist who could facilitate a process of discussion on how this issue in your relationship could possibly be worked on to a point of mutual satisfaction.

2
Posted by: Puleng | 2011/08/19

Look at the message and forget my typing error, Mark.
We''ve been married for six yrs so stop being a DUMBASS. Maybe you''re suffering from ED thus why you reading this column.

Reply to Puleng
Posted by: MARK.. | 2011/08/17

HOLD THE PHONE,,,????? YOU BEEN DATING 6 YEARS AND SHE IS UR WIFE...HOW MANY WOMEN INVOLVE HERE????????

Reply to MARK..