Posted by: dan | 2009-09-23

I have been to three dermatologists, who have diagnosed me with seborraic dermatitis on my scalp. I have used several prescription shampoos (ketoconazole, clobex, tar shampoos) over a period of a year but none have reduced the itching. As a result of a lot of scratching, my hear has thinned a bit in the affected areas towards the back of my head.

Could you recommend other treatments that i could consider?

Also, id like to know whether i should consider propescia or other anti-hairloss medication.

Hallo Dan
Have you tried Betnovate scalp application with the antidandruff shampoos yet? You can consider using Propecia and Minoxidil lotion - just test the lotion on a small area of the scalp first to see if it doesn't irritate the skin.

Posted by: Etienne | 2009-09-26

Something that helps with me but its not a cure.

I use Denorex(normal medicated shampoo from clicks) and mix this with one bottle of teetree oil and one bottle of bergamoth essence.(small 5ml bottles from dischem)

Does seem to help for me at least. Itchyness reduced to once or twice a month.
Still strugeling with hairloss though. 3 months on propecia. No change yet.

Reply to Etienne