Question
Posted by: dermatome | 2008-12-05

dermatome

What is a dermatome? How can it cause burning feet? And how does one cure it?

HI there

I must be honest that I don't know too much about this topic - it's not my area of interest, it's a podiatry question, not an exercise one.

I found the following definition for it though:
A localized area of skin that is has its sensation via a single nerve from a single nerve root of the spinal cord.

So, I gather a nerve can become irritated and this can affect an area of skin on the foot.

But again, this is a podiatry or even medical question, I'd suggest that's who you need to see about it.