Posted by: Wondering | 2009-08-12

Dermatologist or you/Sunscreen

First of all, thanks for all your useful advice! Since I want to go to a dermatologist for the removal of some moles/general check-up and advise on pigmentation marks in my face, I was wondering, since your special interest is also the skin, can I visit you or must I rather go to the dermatologist.

Also, I would like to know when must one apply sunscreen, before you put one your skincare products or after.

Many thanks!

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Wondering, thank you for the question and my apologies for the delay with my response.

My advice is to consult a dermatologist for a general skin check up and you are more than welcome to see me regarding your pigmentation. I predominantly consult and treat patients with ‘cosmetic’ concerns and pigmentation definitely falls under this umbrella. Generally speaking the best time to apply sun screen would be after the moisturizer has been applied.

Posted by: Mokgeko | 2009-09-04

I am 29 years old, my problem is i develop pimples on front of my neck and towards my chin on the sides.
My observation has been that everytime a hair grows on the area it starts by pimples first. All these leaves bad black spots. since i am light in complection.

Please advise what could be causing the problem, as well as advise what can i use to remove the black spots.

Reply to Mokgeko