Question
Posted by: " B"  | 2008-11-14

Dermatological Question

Hi, i need help on something. Under my arms where i shave i have a dark section, its like its stained. I wanted to know if there was something i can use to take it away and also what causes the dark stain? I know of a few women who have this same issue but some dont. PLEASE HELP

Thank you for visiting health24.com.

The dark patches are caused by chronic inflammation due to shaving. You can go for laser therapy to lighten the skin and to remove the hair permanently.

Kind regards

2
Posted by: " B"  | 2008-11-17

would that be done via a dermatologist?
is it expensive and does it hurt?
If i dont get this done will my underarms be dark permantly?

Reply to &quot B&quot 
Posted by: Dark Patches | 2008-11-14

I also have a related question.

I have a dark patch on both my inner tighs from about midway to the joint and, surrounding and on my vagina. I am/have always been also overweight (although not majorly overweight).

Is these dark patches caused by friction/the tighs rubbing together or pigmentation.

Is there any treatment to reduce the darkness?

Please help. Thanx.

Reply to Dark Patches