Question
Posted by: Derma | 2010/01/14

Dermatofiroma

I' ve been to derm for a bump on my arm and chest and she she said that its a Dermatofiroma, but there is much you can do because if you cut it out , it will grow back even bigger, is this True,i dont like the look of it and its iratates me when my shirt rubs on it> 

Please help

thanks
derma

Hallo Derma
According to a medical article:
No treatment is usually necessary for dermatofibromas (DFs). Simple reassurance that the lesion is benign may be indicated. Cortisone injections have been attempted with variable results.

Surgical Care
For cosmetically unacceptable lesions or lesions that are particularly symptomatic, complete excision, including the subcutaneous fat, is the ideal procedure. Superficially shaving the lesion or freezing can be attempted however, recurrences are more likely. Carbon dioxide laser treatment of multiple facial dermatofibroma has been reported.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2010/01/14

Hallo Derma
According to a medical article:

Surgical Care

Reply to cyberdoc