Question
Posted by: Rosie | 2008-08-07

Q.

Derma wand

I have been trying dermawand for a few weeks and am concerned about the smell. it doesn' t smell like oxygen to me, and i' m wondering what it is and if it is harmful. I am already chemically sensitive and find the smell a bit offensive.

Expert's Reply

A.

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Rosie, thank you for the question.

Unfortunately, the Dermawand webpage does not explain the technology used to achieve the effects that they claim or if a ‘smell’ is normal during treatment. Furthermore, there are no studies listed, to verify that this product works. An independent webpage www.reviewcentre.com, rates the effect of the Dermawand at around 5 out of 10. Further reviews were found on www.infomercials.com and interestingly 70% of the users rated this product 4 out of 5, while the rest rated the Dermawand at 1 out of 5 (further mixed reviews can be found at www.thriftyfun.com).

Following from the above and that I personally do not think that a ‘smell’ is normal (the device may be faulty) I would stop using it and take it back to your supplier.

4
user comments

C.

i found this page trying to find out about the smell, before i buy, as i am also chemically sensitive, very ill from toxic molds...at amazon many people say there is a smell, but not what type...someone who seemed to know said it's neon gas...i don't know what that means..one person said a rain forest.

The smell is normal. It's caused by a gas that is released from the device that helps stimulate collegen production. This was what an esthetician had said on a review regarding this product.

Posted by: Rave | 2008-09-02

Yip ladies, Im also getting an unsual smell which I initially thought was my skin. Nevertheless the only thing that bothers me is that on the DVD and on the website they make no mention of how it works. Anyhow Im a 23 male and have tried everything for my problem skin so lets just give Derma Wand a chance (on level 1 - lol)

Reply to Rave
Posted by: Rosie | 2008-08-08

Thanks for your reply. I rang the distributor today and they said they don' t know what the smell is but will try and find out.
I am also wondering about the effects of the electrical waves and radiation on the eyes, nervous system and brain?
It feels like mild electric shocks and I am a bit worried about the effects from long term use.

Reply to Rosie

Want to comment?