Question
Posted by: Sarah | 2010/08/16

Derma Roller

Thanks for a your great advice.
I have slight acne scarring not bad but would like to improve the appearance of my skin. I am 31, asian decent. How safe is the derma roller? are there any side effects, could it possibly make the scarring worse? Only scars I have are on my cheeks - rest of my skin is fine but the derma roller will be used on my whole face with extra concentration on my cheeks. Please advise. Thx

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Sarah, thank you for the question.

The derma roller is (generally speaking) a safe procedure to have performed on one’s skin. it should improve the acne scarring and immediate side effects include but are not limited to pain and discomfort, inflammation, and downtime of several days. Possible complications include infection, localized reactions (dermatitis) and pigmentation changes. I do not believe that it would make the acne scarring worse. Results are dependent on the type of roller used and the person performing the treatment.

3
Posted by: Patrick Hill | 2015/11/27

Hello! We (DepiTech) are a manufacturer of Aesthetic & Medical products(http://www.depitechlaser.com), We have a promotion for dermarollers (Free Shipping Worldwide by DHL-Limited Time Only), Titianium Dermaroller, Genuine ZGTS Dermaroller, Massage ICE roller, DermaStamp, Dermapen, Massage+Vibrate LED dermaroller with 5 colorful lights one one unit, etc. The different Model &Size dermarollers can be mixed on one box, size can be from 0.2mm to 3.0mm (0.2mm-0.25mm-0.3mm-0.5mm-0.75mm-1.0mm-1.5mm -2.0mm-2.5mm-3.0mm), minimum order is 50 units, we will deliver the package to your clinic directly by DHL within 6-8 days. If you want to know more details, please contact us via e-mail (depitechlaser@yahoo.com), Thanks! Atte: Patrick Hill (DepiTech technology)

Reply to Patrick Hill
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/08/26

Hi Sarah, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert
Posted by: cindy | 2010/08/20

ive used the environ roller for 6 months now and it hasnt made any differance to my skin. maybe the dermaroller is better, but the environ roller has made no difference to pigmentation and acne scars.

Reply to cindy