Question
Posted by: Jane | 2010/07/19

Derma Roller

Hi Doc,
I am 32 of Asian decent with some acne scarring - please advise how effective derma rolling is as opposed to the fraxel laser? the scarring is not too severe but still noticible. Would like to improve the appearance. Also the scarring is only really on my cheeks.
Pls advise?

Expert ImageAnti-ageing expert

Hi Jane, thank you for the question.

As far as I am aware there are no split face studies that directly compare the dermaroller to Fraxel in its effectiveness with acne scarring. Good results should be achieved with either and my advice before deciding would be to consider downtime, possible side effects, and the financial implications of choosing a specific treatment.

1
Posted by: anti-ageing expert | 2010/07/21

Hi Jane, thank you for the question.

Reply to anti-ageing expert