Question
Posted by: bell | 2010-10-19

dercums disease and diet

Hi, i would like some help on a healthy eating plan as i have a rare disease called dercums disease noit many have this and doctors are unimformed of how to help needing to know if there is certain foods to avoid as these painful limpomas are all over my trunk regin of my body, anything at all would be appriciated
thanks again
bell

Dear Bell
Dercum's disease is indeed a very rare condition which is still imperfectly understood regarding its cause(s)and treatment. As far as I know, dietary interventions have either not been tried or have not made any difference to the development of the lipomas (e.g. a diet with a very-low-fat content). For a healthy eating plan it may be a good idea to consult a registered dietitian (visit the Association for Dietetics in SA Website at: www.adsa.org.za and click on "Find a Dietitian" to find a dietitian in your area). In addition you may find that the organisation know as DNAlysis, who do genetic testing to assist with allocation of the correct diet according to a patient's genetic makeup may be of assistance. Contact them at: info@dnalysis.co.za
I sincerely hope that more information about Dercum's disease and its treatment will become available in future.

2
Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-10-19

Dear Bell

Posted by: DietDoc | 2010-10-19

Dear Bell