Question
Posted by: Wil weet | 2010/01/06

Depro &  TTC Questions

Good Day Doc

Happy new Year

I would apreciate your help on a few Questions

1. how long does it take for the 3 month injection to work out of your system if you have been on it for 9 yaers ?

2. how long do you keep on trying before losing hope for a bab y ?

I have been on the depro injection for 9 years so for 9 yaers i have never seen my menstiation
on May 2007 i went for my last injection and i didnt go back for my next one

Since May 2007 i didnt have my period til Feb 2008 &  the doctor said i must wait for my period before i can go for treatment so from feb 2008 i didnt go to a doc i gave it a fair change by triyng on my own. Then Des 2008 i went to a gynea that said that my husband had a low sperm count ant he said i am not ovulating so he gave both me &  my hubby some meds.

Then in 2009 i did ovulate as i did a test &  it did show that i am ovulating

Then for the past 2 monht i did not feel as if i have been ovulating

I just want to know do you stil think there is a change for me to fall pregnant or must we just stop trying.

There is now no longer any thing wrong with us do u think we will still fall pregnant?

Do you think it was the injection still in my system that prevented me from falling pregnant

Dear Wil Weet

In general the effect of Depo Provera may persist for up to 2 years after stopping. In order to expedite matters one would recommend the use of fertility ovulation induction agents under the supervision of a gynaecologist or fertility specialist. However it is prudent to do a full and thorough investigation of all the other factors such as tubal patency as well as uterine factors, which may all contribute towards a fertility problem. The sperm analysis should be carefully analysed by a fertility expert as in some cases were the problem is moderate to severe it may be necessary to advance to assisted reproductive techniques such as insemination or even in-vitro fertilization. Simply managing the ovulation problem may not be sufficient as there may be other entities to consider.

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

2
Posted by: Trystan-Jade? | 2010/01/14

I would like to know a few things. I will be 37 yrs this year.Would I be in a " danger zone " to become pregnant at my age? If anyone can answer or advise on this, would be appreciated!

Reply to Trystan-Jade?
Posted by: Fertility Expert | 2010/01/08

Dear Wil Weet

Answered by: Dr M.I. Cassim

Reply to Fertility Expert