Question
Posted by: Belinda | 2010/03/29

depressive man going off sex

I''m feeling very confused as my sex life with very loving partner has ground to a halt. He is recovering from depression and I have been very understanding. We''re back together after a brief time apart, when he has been getting therapy and trying to put things right. However, after the initial euphoria of getting back together, things have settled into ''no sex'' , though remains very loving apart from this. Will things get better? I really miss what we had and finding it very difficult.

By the sound of things it would benefit your relationship to seek the professional assistance of a therapist specializing in dealing with sexual concerns and relationship therapy. The fact that there was a concern before the break up and the concern is back indicates that you need the intervention form an outsider to really address the underlying matters.

You are welcome to phone our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted in finding a practitioner that you could go and see as close as possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

2
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/03/31

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Guy | 2010/03/30

Sorry to hear about this, however you need to be patient with him. You need to understand what he is going through but at the same time need to communicate your concerns with him. Tell him how you feel and what you can do to make him be more passionate and sexual with you.

Reply to Guy