Question
Posted by: Cindy lee | 2010/03/28

Depression tablets.

Hi i would like to know if there is a difference between wellbutrin XL and wellbutrin SR. My doc put me on the sr but my chemist gave me xl. Please help

I have no idea what the detailed differences might be, but they are both intended to be long-acting / slow-release/ I am not yet convinced that such forms of the excellent drug wellbutrin have real advantages, but it's common when a company faces the loss of an exclusive patent on a product, to re-invent it as a different formulation suh as a long-acting version, to gain an extended patent for this.
You need to ask the chemist to explain the difference between what was prescribed and what was dispensed, as that is the chemist's responsibility and what he/she has already been paid to do

1