Question
Posted by: Cindy lee | 2010/03/26

Depression tablets

Hi i jus would like to know my doc put me on wellbutrin SR 150mg but my chemist gave me wellbutrin XL 150mg the first month now i was given the SR. Jus want to know is there a difference. And what must i do. Thanks

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi C-L

The only diff. is that Wellbutrin XL is an extended release dose (once a day), while SR is a slow-release tablet that can either be taken once or twice daily epending on dose. The amount of active ingredient in each are the same and no problem should be experienced when swithing from XL to SR.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2010/03/29

Hi C-L

Reply to pharmacist