Posted by: Bridget | 2012-09-07

Depression returned when I started a new job

Hi I have started a new job in April and since then I am extremely depressed. I feel like a failure, sleep almost anything from 2 hours to 11 hours a night, lost interest in activities that I enjoyed before. I also have no sex drive and are constantly fighting with my family members, since they urged me tot take this job. I also do not get along well with my co-worker as she is my boss. please help

Some of us make a fragile recovery from an episode of depression, and can be tipped back into depression when under stress. You're not a failure ---you haave a recognized disorder and need proper treatment, with meds and cunselling, and should see a shrink, or atl least a good GP

Posted by: Abdullah S | 2012-09-10

You must always remember, that as long as you are doing what''s expected of you, others can''t pull down. PS. BE STRONG!

Reply to Abdullah S
Posted by: PM | 2012-09-10

I wonder if this depression is due to ill-treatment by your new boss (maybe has not accepted you) or maybe you are not getting enough support from you co workers as you expected. coz both these instance are very depressing. My advice is that, if the boss is the cause there are disciplinary procedure in every organisation and therfore you can lodge you complaint in a form of a grievance. Perharps if its subortage from you colleagues, be on the right track always do you work properly an and regurlaly equip yourself so that you are not blamed for poor performance. Social relations are supposed to be spontaneous, if your social life a work is bitter just focus on your work and BE YOUR SELF AT ALL''ll never know your enemies may just come around.

Reply to PM