Posted by: Loyiso | 2009-10-07

Depression / Panic Attack

This is a continuation of my last posting. as a result of what i have mentioned in my first posting i have currently the following symptoms: 1.Feeling sad all the time. 2.Feeling of unending strong tension inside my chest. 3.Thinking negative about life all the time. 4.Teary and feeling like crying even when watching sad story on TV. 5.Heart pumping fast/irregular heart beat. 6.Chest pains though tested for heart many times. 7. Feeling like shaking inside and my body feeling stiff. 8.Forgetting smallest things like words to use in a sentence and names of the people. 9. Feeling like losing touch with reality. 10.Afraid of dying. 11. insomnia. 12.Loss of concentration. 13. Rushing to complete sentence. 14.waking up at night with fast heart beat. 15. Hot flushes on my forehead. 16. Feeling like losing control when driving. Please help.

Expert ImageAnxiety disorders guest experts

Dear Loyiso

The symptoms you are experiencing may relate to a general medical condition such as hyperthyroidism and/or a mental health difficulty. I would advise that you consult with your medical practitioner first who will assess, treat and may make appropriate referrals to other health professionals.

David Blackbeard
Clinical Psychologist
Riverview Manor Specialist Clinic

Posted by: lisa | 2009-10-07

Dear Loyiso, wow, you' ve been through a lot, so sorry about that. The symptoms you' ve listed above are ALL the same symptoms I had whilst I was hyperthyroid - 6 doctors and 1 psychiatrist could not diagnose me. I' ve since had a total thyroidectomy and feel great. If you wanna know more you can call me - my number is (082) 685 1773. (The best thing is that I can drive again with total confidence.)

Reply to lisa