Posted by: Loyiso | 2009-10-07

Depression / Panic Attack

have been through very traumatic experiences in the past. I lost my one year old child in 1997 through illness. Subsequent to that i survived the shooting by thugs who were hired to kill me. Between 2002 and 2003 I lost 3 of my closest relatives, 2 through natural causes and 1 was murdered. Since these incidences my life changed. I developed highblood pressure at the age of 37. I was diagnosed with panic attacks and depression. I have been to two different pshychiatrist, one psychologist and countless GP'  s since 2002. I have been put on fluoxitine (first), Remeron, Paroxitine and Venlor. They help me but each time when i'  m in stressful environment and situations i relapse. I am 43 and am taking high blood pressure tablets.

Expert ImageAnxiety disorders guest experts

Dear Loyiso

This must be very distressing. I would encourage you in your commitments to wellness and advise that you continue to work with your health professionals as you attend to all aspects of these problems. In working through traumatic experiences of loss, consultation with a mental health care professional such as a specialist psychiatrist or clinical psychologist may be helpful.

David Blackbeard
Clinical Psychologist
Riverview Manor Specialist Clinic