Posted by: Kinda Lost | 2009-01-12

Depression or Burn-out - What' s Up?

I don' t know what' s going on with me and I feel like I' m losing control - things just seem to be going the way I want them to, even though I' m trying to get things on track or in order.

I' m not sure if I' m going through a minor depression or if I just need to get my act together and draw a timetable/plan. I' m trying to sort myself out but I just feel like I' m not succeeding and things just seem to be getting gloomy, frustrating and I' m unhappy with my family. I' m generally irritabIe but trying to put on a smile and keep it together. I seem to be lacking joy and peace of mind and I feel like I' m not coping.

I' m a 32 year old overweight (by about 20kg) and single female but I' m professional and I have a good/decent-paying job (there was a time when I did not mind going to the office - but that has changed over the last couple of months).

Starting to get stressed and frustrated about my single life, worried about when I' m going to get married - parents are not helping - they are also concerned.

I need to sort out things or do things like paperwork, my tax return, exercise, getting the office up to date but don' t seem to be able to.

What' s going on with me?

Thinking about getting a lucozade or red bull.

Should I go buy some over the counter medication and, if so, what should I get?

Please help! Thanks!

Sometimes it feels like this when the way you are trying to reach your goals doesn't actually match those goals, and thus doesn't get you any closer to them. Along with problems of not handling stress well, and poor time management. Seeing a good counsellor / therapist, especially of the CBT ) Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) cariety could help a lot, to clarify your goals, select a more effective way of working towards them, and getting rid of the apparently powerful self-defeating assumptions you are carrying around with you.