Posted by: ZzZ | 2009-03-18

Depression Medication

Hi CS,

Is it better to have a GP or a psychiatrist to have a look at your anti-depressant medication? How often should the effects of the medication be evaluated? And for how long do you need to be on it before it have any effect?

I' m on Depramil 20mg daily at the moment, but the psychologist suggested I get a psychiatrist to look at my meds again.

A psyhiatrist, a fully medically qualified doctor who has also had full training in psychiatry, is the best person to make a expert diagnosis ( along with a psychologist ) ; and the best person to select, advise on, and monitor psychiatric medications. That is his area of speial expertise and experience. GP's have had much less training in such matters. Monitoring antidepressant meds, would be done more often in the early weeks, as on gets used to them and we need to check whether this speific drug is suiting you and being properly effective ; later it can be less frequent, maybe once a month or even less often, if verything's going well and is stable.
On a new antidepressant, though you may notice some bnefits earlier, you need to be on them for around 2 to 3 weeks to see their full benefits.
And sorry, tyt --- mdma is absoluely NOT recommended, and the research does NOT show it as effective and safe.

Posted by: ZzZ | 2009-03-19

I won' t know where to find mdma, swazi or charlie! :)

Reply to ZzZ
Posted by: takeyourtime | 2009-03-18

can take up to 3 weeks for antidepro to work.

for fast relief: mdma/swazi/charlie - although dont do that stuff while on antidepro and watch out for the come down

have a really nice day :-)

Reply to takeyourtime