Question
Posted by: Suzette | 2008/05/29

Depression linked to the pill?

I have been on the pill since university and since university I have felt depressed and been off and on anti-depressants, is it possible for the pill to be causing my depression? Besides going off the pill is there any advice you can give?

It is certainly possible, and most varieties of pill increase the risk of Depression. A gynae may be able to choose a variety of p[ill which minimizes this risk, and of course, while on whatever pill, treatment for Depression, with antidepressants and CBT counselling, still works

2
Posted by: Suzette | 2008/05/30

I have been on the pill for 7 years now and it hasn't been the same one. I am on Yasmin now, well I was on Yasmin, I have gone off it because I seriously think it was causing all the problems. I decided this after a friend told me she cannot use the pill because it causes her to feel depressed. I am currently on anti-depressants so hold thumbs!

Reply to Suzette
Posted by: Maria | 2008/05/29

For how many years have you been on the pill? Was it the same one all the time or have you tried different ones?

Reply to Maria