Question
Posted by: aeysha | 2009-03-04

depression in pregnancy

I am 36 years old 28 weels pregnant with baby no 3 and feeling really hopeless and sad. In the last two months I had to pack up my house in cape town and unwillingly move to Potchefstroom where my husband started a new job. I unpacked alone and had very little support from him. I am in the process of packing again because we have to move to another house. My husband also expects me to see to his brother and fam when they visit during the same week we have to move. I cant handle it anymore I am alone in the little town with no family or friends and my husband has become my worst enemy. He has no understanding no compassion and says pregnancy is not an illness. My depressed mood has become worse. I find myself feeling down and worthless. I sometimes wish i never became pregnant and sometimes I just want to escape my life. I cry most of the time and it wont stop. My gynae has suggested safe anti-depressants to help me.Is this a good idea? I just wish i could feel happy but its so hard.

An antidepressant like Prozac would be a good idea. \Perhaps you could also see a psychologist.