Question
Posted by: Depressed, dont want to face the day | 2010/12/20

Depression and Mirena

Hi doc

I need advice, and I am desperate. I had the Mirena fitted a week ago and not sure if this is what is causing the depression. I want to cry the whole day, I think of me not being here, and the my children will be OK with their daddy looking after them, he is a better parent than me. Here I am on holiday, and dont want to leave the house. I want to go to my own home and curl up in my bed and cry or just dissapear from this world.
When I look at my kids I want to cry, and hug them, because it feels like it might be the last time I get to touch them. I dont know what is wrong with me!!! I am anxious, my heart is racing, and it feels like I am about to get a heart attack. I am stuck here for 3 weeks on holiday, and not sure how on earth I am going to make it through.

I have had PND after the birth of my second child, and it almost feels like the same black hole I am disappearing into.

Please, please tell me this will go away soon!!

If this started after the Mirena was inserted, it could be related though it is not a common side effect. It sounds like you need professional help though. This may be difficult while on holiday, ut try to see a doc tor or a psychologist.

1