Question
Posted by: XXX | 2011/01/21

Depression and anxiety and CAT/Cocaine

I''ve been depressed almost my whole life and I''m 27 female who had a nervous breakdown. I only started medication about 6 months ago.I''ve been on different antidepressants and tranquilisers and none of it worked. 200mg of trepilline kind of changed my suicide thoughts and being negative all the time. However my anxiety doesn''t want to go away and takes soo much out of me..I was very anti-drags, esp coke or CAT which I tried before but didnt enjoy it. Until recently when i tried it and felt normal again or just numbed to the pain. I found I''ve got addictive personality and lately drugs make me feel normal for a while and even tho I would come down from them I just couldn''t feel any worse.

My question is, and I know everyone is different. But how long does it take to get hooked ? I really dont wanna do drugs and i''m bad space because of my weak state. I know I shouldn''t mix it with my meds but when I see it, I can''t say ''no''

Expert ImageAddictions expert

Hey there, thank you for your post.

It appears very clearly from your explanation that you are in a very bad space and in a weak state. We are very concerned about you and recommend that you urgently come for an assessment at Harmony clinic. Call us for a free assessment on 021 790 7779.

Wishing you love & light

The Harmony Team

2
Posted by: Addictions expert | 2011/01/26

Hey there, thank you for your post.

Wishing you love & light

The Harmony Team

Reply to Addictions expert
Posted by: Ex-Addict | 2011/01/24

I know exactly how you feel, cat and cocaine does make you feel better. But you have to realize that all of the stuff you mentioned is addictive.

I was addicted to cocaine in 3 weeks! I used cat for a long time and I took anxiety meds for a couple of years with it. I only realized I was addicted to it when I stopped using cat. i can not describe how bad the withdrawals were. Did you know you can get addicted to meds in 3 months?

Trust me nobody knows better than me how much better cat can make you feel. But I can tell you now that is a short term plan. The long term truth is you will be an addict the rest of you life. Seek help, find a N.A meeting close to you and go. Don''t wait for your life to go past you for as long as I did. Good luck. I will be around if you need assistance.

Reply to Ex-Addict