Posted by: Depressed | 2010-01-15

Depression AFTER menstruation

Please note that I' ve asked this question to Gyneadoc, but she said I must ask Cybershrink - who I don' t think is the right person to ask, since it has to do with my period. I cannot carry on like this, every month I want to kill myself for no good reason. Please help me.

Every month after I' ve menstruated, somewhere around the 4th-6th day, I get very depressed. Sometimes I cannot stop crying for almost 2 whole days during that time. Ever since I' ve experienced this, my period has been much heavier and I' ve gained weight rather quickly. The depression comes everytime right after menstruation, never before like with PMS.

It is common experience mood changes associated with your menstrual cycle but there are other causes as well. I suggest that you consult your doctor for an examination, as well as blood tests. In the interim, I do suggest that you start taking an anti-depressant and you will have to ask your doctor for a prescription.