Question

Depression

I was diagnosed 2 years ago with depression. I''m on Cymbalta 90mg. I would like to know if there is a spplement I can take with my meds. My mother was diagnosed with cancer two weeks agao and only given 3 to 6 months. I have been feeling " blue" . I just feel like sleeping, am tired all the time, suppose to go for walks, ain''t happening. When I get home I just go to my room, want to do nothing. I don''t want to increase my meds because I know how I''m feeling now is just because of my mother. I need a boost, energy, kick on the backside, anything. Please help.

Supplements should not be at all necessary, and don't work. This issue is, supposing the depression has been properl;y diagnosed, and it seems to have been so, then is this the right antidepressant for you ? Only some 60-70 % of people respond well to the first antidepressant they try, and one may need to properly try 2 or 3 to find the one which suits you best.
And we must distinguish between Depression the illness, and feeling sad appropriately - generally, when a loved mother is duagnosed with a dread disease and given only a short time to live any normal person would feel really sad, and this is so normal it would be peculiar if you didn't feel that way.
Probably the best source of help would be to see a counsellor ( especially if you can find one associated with the cancer association or local hospice, with experience in helping folsk who are grieving. Only if there is more at play, perhaps a worsening of the unlerlying rdepression in addition to the grief, should medication be considered, and then maybe a change to a different antidepressant. Cymbalta is far to popular with some docs, and there are excellent alternatives, too.

1