Posted by: courtney | 2012-07-31

Ive looked at all the info provided on this site about epression, and can relate to approx. 90% of the symptoms. But I dont have time or finances to go see anyone about it. is there anything I can get over the counter in SA? need relief soon

Nothing available over the counter is an effective treatment for depression. At best, St John's Wort is a mild antidepressant, working like some of the medicines, but only possibly helpful in really mild depression.
You could see sopmeone at a state / p[rovincial hospital or clinic, where you would be charged, for consultation and meds, at a rate according to your earnings

Posted by: Maria | 2012-07-31

All truly effect anti-depressants need a script, and even if you''re very sure you''re depressed, self diagnosis is never a good idea. If you get depression treated you suddenly realise you have a whole lot more time available, because everything doesn''t feel so hard to do and you have a lot more energy. Money is a more difficult problem to solve. We know the public health services isn''t great but it''s worth a shot.

Reply to Maria