Question
Posted by: Annemie | 2012/02/17

Depression

I think i''m depressed. I am married with 2 kids. My husband have a violent tempare, and was in jail 3 weeks ago for assualting someone. He loses his tempare very quickly, and it seems that we are in his way. We are struggling financially, my husband has his own business, but the bank reprocessed his bakkie, now he is at home stressed and depressed. Nothing seems to be coming our way. I cannot sleep with out sleeping pills, not prescribed by a doctor which a buy over the counter, and take 3 a night. I just need some advise on how to feel that I still have a purpose in life, and not feeling so tired and confused.

Without doubt you have an important purpose in life, both in and for yourself, and for your children. Contact a group such as POWA that helps abused women, and discuss things with them, to decide whether the danger from your abusive husband is such that it would be important to plan a safe exit for yourself and the children, or whether he might be drawn into counselling to help sort out this problem.

2

Posted by: Liza | 2012/02/17

You need help. You can''t do it alone. If you''re afraid of what your husband might do if you leave - POWA can help you plan a safe exit. If you don''t feel that your husband is a threat to your or your children''s safety, you can contact Life line (the number is at the top of this page) and they can help you get the counseling you need to help your family get back on track.

I know that government health services are overstretched and difficult to access, but there are other options available. If you let me know which area you live in, I can give you more information on where to get help. I''ve got lots of experience in this area.

Good Luck
Liza

Reply to Liza