Posted by: Althea | 2011-11-07

I''ve lost my desire to be alive. Suicide is just not an option as I have two kids under the age of 4. I''m at a point now where I don''t see a way forward. I don''t sleep at night. Have constant headaches. Everyone and everthing irritates me. Driving is a mission as I''m seeing everyone as idiots on the road. It''s hard coping day to day as I''m sonstantly tired because of not sleeping at night. Weekend and try and get my kids to my parents so I can spend the entire day in bed. Don''t feel like opening the curtains, I can sit in that dark flat for days and not move. It''s effecting my life and no one around me seems to understand what I''m going through. I can also sit and cry for hours.

I just want to be left alone in a dark corner for weeks and not talk to anyone. I''m lonely, feeling very sorry for myself. the hardest part is dealing with all of this and having my kids with me.

what do I do?

So sorry to hear about this, Althea. This depression should respond well to mgood treatment. AT THE VERY LEAST SEE A GP, and preferably a good local psychiatrist for a proper asessment and a discussion of your treatment options. PLEASE do not neglect yourself, and get the treatmen you deserve, both medicaion and counselling. Within months you could be feeling much better and enjoy and be enjoyed by, your kids

Posted by: Maria | 2011-11-07

Althea, depression is an illness and it can be treated very successfully. You can, and deserve to be helped. Please go and see at least your gp, or a psychologist or psychiatrist. Contact Depression and Anxiety Group helpline: 8am-8pm (011) 262-6396. They can refer you to someone in your area. Life can and will get a whole lot better if you get the help you need. Take care.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Anonamom | 2011-11-07

I''m so sorry I have no advice. I just want you to know that you are not alone, I posted earlier about depression.

I have 2 small children (girl 3y, boy 1y). I have not had a break or a " me-day"  in over a year. I have anxiety, panick attacks.

I am feeling the way you do, if you want to contact me please let me know.

Reply to Anonamom