Question
Posted by: Anonamom | 2011-11-07

Depression?

Please please help me. Am I suffering from depression?

Let me start from the beginning. I am a 28 year old mom of 2 (3yr old girl, 1 yr old boy). I have a generally good life: good job, good marriage, nice car, nice house. But I am not happy. I am constantly scared, of everything. I am afraid of getting ill and/or dying. I am afraid that something might happen to me and my kids are still so small. I am afraid of something happening to one of them. I am afraid that something might be wrong with one of us and I just don''t know it. It''s like I am waiting for something bad to happen, and life is just passing us by. If I get a headache, I am scared it might be a brain tumour or cancer. If my kids are sick or just have the sniffles, I am scared it''s some sort of terminal disease and I completely freak out. I am sitting at work crying as I am tyiping this, I sound completely crazy to myself. I have been to my gp in Aug, I didn''t sleep well and i felt like this all the time. He prescribed eglynol because i was still breastfeeding. I stopped breastfeeding a week ago.

I am going to lose it, i really feel like jumping off a building or a bridge. I am so tired of feeling like this.

Depression can arise for largely chemical reasons, and not necessarily related to external situations or events. And your recent pregnancies may have played a part. There are Obsessive-Compulsive aspects to the symptoms you describe, too. Eglonyl is USELESS for these conditions. Your condition is common and responds very well to proper treatment -- PLEASE see a local psychiatrist for a proper, expert asessment and a discussion of treatment options, and you should be feeling much better before long.Some medications can be very ueful, as can CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy )

1
Posted by: anon | 2011-11-07

I know this is addressed to the Dr, but If I may, you are not alone there are so many of us that suffer like this every day, I have the same problems, the doctors have got me on anti anxiety meds that help alot and did the CBT counselling which really helped, just hold on this is a solution to this and it can get better. Try and be brave it will be okay

Reply to anon