Question
Posted by: Chantel | 2011-03-22

Depression

Hi, I am not writing for myself but rather my fiance.. He is going through something and I can not say what it is because he wont talk to me.. He is a very sporty fun loving person and loves life but in the last year he has lost all passion for things that used to bring him joy. he is constantly sad and miserable and talking about just ending life.. I cant get him to talk to anyone. He is just so unmotivated and lost all interest for anything. It is like the fight has left him and i really cant seem to find a way to bring him out of it..

To put things more in the picture.. He has been through alot in the last year and half. I am ashamed to admit that I may be the major contributer to his depression.. I had an affair.. but we worked out our differences and he has forgiven me and we are giving it another go.. Not long after this we also had our second child.. Between all of this he was dealing with so much at his job where he felt unappreciated and ended up getting unjustly dismissed. he has a new job now and works so hard but still feels that he is not appreciated and that he is not able to supply for his family :( .. please please help me to help him ..

Its a major sign of depression, often not publicised, to lose interest and pleasure in whatever it is that turns you on - called Anhedonia.
And then the other features you describe are strongly suggestive of depression. Its not your fault or his, but iot sounds as though he's had much more than his fair share of stress and discouragement recenrtly. He must see a good local psychiatrist for a proper assessment and a discussion of treatment options, including medication and CBT type psychotherapy. What you can most do tto help hi, is to encourage him to do this, and to stick with treatment, as this is a dangerous ( if ignored ) and very treatable condition

4
Posted by: chantel | 2011-03-22

Thanks for the help and advice.. and some advice is best kept to yourself thanks..

Reply to chantel
Posted by: Maria | 2011-03-22

He sounds burnt out and depressed. Encourage him to seek help, go for counselling, see a doc to discuss the possibility of medication.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Great Time | 2011-03-22

Best advice I can give is to try spirtuality, pray read some religious texts and feed his spirit, it really does work. The human spirit once in growth has powerful healing abilities for the entire person.

Also try not to go opening your legs around the neighbourhood this would of course help him alot.

Reply to Great Time