Question
Posted by: Clint | 2010/09/10

Depression

Hi My wife suffers from depression, and it is effecting our Marrage, what are the steps to follow in order to help resolve the depression?

SHe needs to see a good local psychiarist for a full and expert assessment, to confirm the diagnosis, and then have a discussion of treatment options which may include medication and CBT style counselling.
If she suffers from it, and experiences problems from it, it IS a problem that deserves proper attention. And your support and encouragement will be valuable

5
Posted by: Been there | 2010/09/10

There is a reason for it, and that has to be clarified. The simplest way will be professional help. You seem to care and your support together with some councelling (in whatever form required, therapy, medication etc) will do the trick. It can be sorted, but SHE has to get to the root cause.

Reply to Been there
Posted by: Beyond Tired | 2010/09/10

Hi Clint,
It is not an easy matter, you have to have a lot of patience with your wife and handle her with love and kindness. She needs to get professional help and seeing a therapist is the best, you must just be there for her and don''t let her feel guilty about the depression, it cannot always be helped when one gets depressed.
BT

Reply to Beyond Tired
Posted by: Clint | 2010/09/10

I hear what you are saying, but i must add that i dont belive it to be a problem. all i am trying to do i help my wife have quality in it.

Reply to Clint
Posted by: anon | 2010/09/10

Perhaps there is no solution to depression and you seeing it as a problem is definitly not hellping anyone

Reply to anon