Question
Posted by: L | 2010/07/08

Depression

I think I might suffer from mild depression - I dont know why or what caused it but lately all I do is cry (coz things dont go my way) - I am very suicidal, I always come up with creative ways of killing myself. I was never like this why is this happening now?
I had homonal imbalance in my teen and doc put me on Yasmin and I seemed ok but now we r TTCing and I am off the pill and I just want to kill myself.

I also think I might have some sort of attention seeking syndrome  -) if I feel I am not the centre of attention then I cry I insult BF just so he can talk to me etc.
I dont want to feel like this, do I go to my GP or straight to psychologist?
I have lost interest in my life, all I do is go home, cook, clean eat n sleep! No more gym, no more studies!

Nobody with a "mild depression" seiously thinks of suicide - you seem to be describing a serious depression which needs to be taken seriously. You need to see a proper specialist psychiatrist if at all possible, and at least a good GP, as soon as posible, so as to start proper treatment. This condition can surely be greatly inproved before long, but needs a skilled assessment and discussion of treatment options

3
Posted by: Maria | 2010/07/08

If you need to talk to someone, call Lifeline: 0861 322 322 or Depression and Anxiety Group helpline: 8am-8pm (011) 262-6396. Don''t harm yourself, life is too precious.

Reply to Maria
Posted by: Maria | 2010/07/08

L what you are describing is not mild depression, it''s serious. You can go to your gp, a psychologist or a psychiatrist but please do it soon.

Reply to Maria