Question
Posted by: Cindy | 2010/05/26

DEPRESSION??/

I am feeling terrible, crying or then upset, my 2nd baby is now 22 months, feeling i still cant cope. i was on clift 6 months, finished early Dec. can it be its coming back.....feeling way worse, cant concentrate, forgetful, talking to myself, hard to explain, like 2 voices one keeps telling the other to shush, the other says stupid, useless, pls dont laugh, my husband thinks i am going nutty already, &  i am trying to be normal, but am battling, i need to come right i have a 3yr and 22month baby, please.

THis sounds very like a Post Natal Depression, which arises white requently after one has given birth. 6 months is rather short to be on an antidepressant in a situation like this- I'd usually advise 9 months, stopping only if you are otherwise well. If the cilift worked for you while you were on it, see your prescribing doc and start on it again, or similar treatment, which is fairly urgently needed. Sounds like the depression has temporarily got a good deal worse, but it should again respond well to proper treatment. If the treatment so far has been only by a GP, ask him to also send you to see a good local psychiatrist, for a thorough assessment and review of the best treatment.

1