Question
Posted by: Noodle | 2010-04-09

Depression

Hi CS,

I read the post about depression in remission, I have been living with depression now for 5 years going on 6. I''m tired of it, I''m sick of it, I take my meds and I will have to keep taking it untill I die. My downs are worse or so it feels, and I know what brings on my night tremors - stress, from work or personal stress at home. My night tremors at least to me seem less severe I don''t scream the whole neighorhood awake anymore but I still feel paralized and scared out of my wits when they do happen... (very mild expresion of what I feel like when it happens).... I know why I got depression, and I have to work on it every day... but I''m just tired of it. I have so many things to be glad about that other people don''t have or experience but yet I feel sad and lonely most of the time..... I''m agitated, frustrated bored but yet I procrastinate and don''t do anything.....

Thanks for letting me vent.....

Of course you're weary of a continuing depression - who would enjoy it ? I hope you are discussing these feelings frankly with your shrink - and you are illustrating why I NEVER like treating depression purely with antidepressant meds, and would always want to see i acompanied by therapy / counselling of the CBT form, as there's far more to coping with depression than only taking meds

1