Question
Posted by: JO | 2010/03/25

Depression

Hi, i am currently taking nuzak for approx 3 years, i feel that its not helping me as i still get very depressed and suicidal, i dont feel happy and i become a horrible person, it also has effected my relationship and sexually. When i do consult my doctor he doesnt really seem to want to help me. I am taking a double dose of nuzak and still feel its not effective, what would you advice?

I wonder whether you are being treated by a GP rather than by a proper, specialist psychiatrist ? GP's can be useful in identifying depression and other psych disorders, and in starting treatment for uncomplicated ones, but where the treatment is obviously not working ( and if you are still depressed and suicidal after 3 years of it, that treatment is NOT working, while others could have worked well by now ), they you should have been referred to a pychiatrist long before now.
If by chance you are talking about a psychiarist you have been seeing for treatment, then he/she doesn't sound interested or effective, and it is high time you left him/her and got a second opinion from someone who could help you find the help you need and deserve. Better selected meds and CBT counselling should have cleared this up long before now.

1