Question
Posted by: Phindiwe | 2009-09-03

Depression

I have a problem of being easily depressed, when i am i get these painc attacks and start loosing my breath. I find it hard to be happy for a long period nor a brief one. What can i do to tackle this problem?

Expert ImageTeen expert

Hi Phindiwe

I would need to know more about your circumstances to have an idea of why you are feeling depressed. Important questions to ask yourself are in relation to family life, friends, relationships, school/studies and socialising. Are you experiencing problems in any of these areas of your life.

If you identify the main problem areas, I would recommend you speak with a counsellor either at school or college (not sure how old you are), to begin making sense of why you are having these panic attacks ad strategies to solve them.