Posted by: Jaco | 2009-08-13

I' m a 29 year old male,
Hi, Do u think its neccassary for me to seek medical help.

I' m always feeling annoyed,every little thing anybody does irritates me. everything feels as if i' ve done it before. I' m sleeping poorly, nothing interests me any more. Struggling to consentrate, remember simple things. Every task a perform i feel asif it' s being judged.I some time feel tearfull ,loss of any pleasure.The list can go on.

Frankly when searching the medical sites, answering those Depression questionaires - most of them state that i' am depressed and should seek help!

Depression is a common problem among people of all ages, and it sounds as if you well may be depressed. Why not seek help ? You surely deserve it. If possible see a psychiatrist, but a good GP could also be helpful. Antidepressant meds can be very helpful ( though sometimes you need to try a couple to find the one that suits your chemistry best ) and also highly effective and helpful is CBT, Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy, a specific form of psychotherapy that helps you to change your way of thinking in a helpful way. The Anxiety/Depression Suppoert Group ( number on this page ) can help you find a shrink near you who provides this excellent method of help.
Things are likely to start to look up within weeks of starting, especially if both methods are used, and within a month or two you should be feeling substantially better. DO , if you wish, keep contact on the forum, and let us know of your progress.

Posted by: jaco | 2009-08-14

Thanks for your reply. Have phoned the Depression help line once before,but the guy one the other end sounded more off than i did, which i do not like saying - put me of a bit. He' s supposed the support me. Don' t get me wrong he tried to help - good intensions, but feeling the way i do it made me judgemental(which is not the right thing to feel, or say).

I just feel that going to the practitioner, they would just want talk, and mentaly confince me that everything is ok,which might work(never gone before) but dont think that will solve the problem, just solve the symptom.

Thanks again for your advise.

Reply to jaco