Question

Depression

my grandad has passed away very suddenly 2 months ago. he was 76 and in good health, but due to a sudden hearth attack that no one ever new coming, we took his passing at a shock. My dad is really struggling to come to terms with it, he is constantly sick now and our Gp says he is suffering from depression therefore he is not getting better. he constantly talks abt my grandad and says he cannot go on living now. our family is really worried our him and his health. help will be really appreciated

Death of anyopne you knew and loved is dificult to handle, and especially if the relatonship was close and the death unexpected. Men can find it more dificult to adjust, because in most cultures they are not encouraged to express their emotions and admit to feeling awful emotionally --- and thus some complain instead of physical symptoms which are not physical in origin. Try to persuade him to see a good local shrink for a proper assessment and treatment advice, which should include expert counselling.

1

Unfortunately for your dad to waste the time being till he recover from such a state, he should rather spend the time he has left on earth appreciating God' s creations, devoloping new skills ect. Fortunately people die because if people didn' t die the world wouldn' t be able to cope with the overpopulation problem that might accure left alone many other problems that would arise should it be the case. Worring is not going to help anybody maybe he could see a great pshycologist for a session or two just to help him get better or just give him space to sort it out for himself if he doesn' t want to go....