I have given birth in December and our baby was diagnosed with a Hirsprung' s disease. Needless to say that that brought a lot of stress and was actually a huge shock for us. He is healthy now after the operation. But I am not. I am so irritated with the children. I' ve gained a lot of weight after birth and I feel like I cannot cope with anything. I do not want to do anything. I do not like the person that I' ve become. PLEASE Help me. I do not want to use strong drugs, but I WANT TO GET BETTER VERY SOON!!

I remember seeing some cases of Hirschprung's Disease, and am pleased to hear he's doing well post-op -- hopefully he will now remain well. You've been through a lot of stress, with all of this on top of the normal stresses of late pregnancy and childbirth. There's a reasonable risk of PND, Post-Natal Depression, which fortunately responds well to treatment. See at least a good GP, if possible a good local psychiatrist, fopr assessment and treatment advice, which may include medication AND counselling, especially of the CBT format. It's not a question of Strong drugs, but of selecting the Right drug, at the Right dose. too little can be only a nuisance and no a benefit