Posted by: Emma | 2008-12-18

Hi CS,

I have been on Remeron and Urbanol for about 5 weeks now. Generally speaking I am feeling a lot better. However I have noticed that I do feel depressed some days while I am at work. I do not enjoy my job anymore (been here almost 9 years). On the other hand I am grateful that I am employed. (over 50 and disabled). I don' t think I have a chance of finding another job, so how do I stop myself from being depressed?

I know that you have not had a good year yourself, so I wish you a good 2009 and as always thank you for your time.

Hi Emma,
Sounds like you are responding usefully to antidepressant medication, but you may have additional issues causing discomfort, whcih is why I generlly recommend CBT as well. It helps one to identify areas within one's life, including work, which are related to one feeling dissatisfied, anxious and/or sad, and to help one remedy these where possible, and to modify one's reactions to them, where the situations themselves may not be open to modification. Why not give it a try ?