Question
Posted by: CB | 2008/10/29

Depression

I am currently on Venlor 150mg once a day. I really can' t afford this medication any more I have tried to stop taking the medication but the withdrawel symptons make me very ill.
Please can you tel me if there is a cheaper alternative available or how can I wean myself of the current medication.
Are there any herbal alternatives that I can use instead?

There are many other highly effecive antidepressants, so no need to remain on Venlor, a drug I have never felt inclined to recommend. One needs to wean oneself off it gradually, probably while gradually starting an alternative medication for which there is a cheaper generic version --- but a good local GP or psychiatrist would be needed to help plan that most wisely. No herbal alternatives exist, except for St John's Wort whihc is like a milder version of Prozac, and may help mild depressions.