Question
Posted by: very worried | 2008/09/29

Depression

Hi CS,

The deep depression that I have found myself in over that past month seems to have lifted. Since the weekend I seem to feel so much better. I wonder if I should still go and see a shrink, or would I be wasting his time and my money? (there are people out there with worse problems then my own).

I actually feel very confused, don' t know what to think anymore.

YOu wouldn't be wasting his time or yours --- the issue remains of being sure about what exactly has been happening here, and if the depression is lifting a this time, how to stay well, and what to do, earlier on, if it should start to return.

4
Posted by: Me | 2008/09/30

Why don' t you tell us about it?

Reply to Me
Posted by: very worried | 2008/09/30

Thanks all for your replies. I think I will go to the shrink to make sure that I am ok.

Me, this has not only been the last month. It has been coming on for about the last 2 years, but this past month was bad, worse than before..... Lots of issure to sort through I think. Some new and some old.

Reply to very worried
Posted by: Me | 2008/09/30

Why are you depressed the last month? What happened that you are depressed only the last month?

Reply to Me
Posted by: Maria | 2008/09/29

It' s great that you' re feeling better. I think it would still be a good idea to see the shrink, if only for one or two sessions. You can discuss coping strategies to be used if in future you become depressed again, as well as preventative measures and perhaps how to recognise depression before it becomes too bad. And if you find yourself in need of therapy at some point in the future (for depression or something else) you will have somebody that at least you' ve seen and talked to before.

Reply to Maria