Question
Posted by: friend | 2008/08/28

depression

My friend was classified as a chronic depressed person by a psychiatrist. She then after some-one prayed for her decided to leave her anti-depressants as she is supposedly cured.

Episodes of depression still took place although she calmed down after a while.

her GP now told her she' s got " siniese depressie"  which apparently means something like you are depressed but you really are not. CS have you ever heard of something like this????

She is now not on anti-depressants, live alone, not sleeping at night as her GP would not prescribe sleeping tablets and have depression but also has not depression... somewhere someplace I' m loosing it.

People who are stupid and wicked enough to persaude anyone to stop taking ANY med prescribed by a proper doctor, are wicked, bigoted, and never to be trusted, And if the person comes to any harm, they should be sued. prayer is fine as an ADDITION to proper ordinary treatment, but never as s substitute for it.
|Siniese depressie" I've never heard of and it is not any recognized term. Better that she see a proper psychiatrist than a GP.

1
Posted by: Maria | 2008/08/28

Friend, didn' t the doc maybe say " distemie" ? The English term is dysthymia. It is longterm, low grade depression. You never feel quite well and you never function optimally, but you' re not terribly depressed either. It can and should definitely be treated, it' s not something you just have to live with.

Reply to Maria