Question
Posted by: thellie | 2008/07/26

Depression

Hi doctor

Just want to know approx 5 jears ago i was diagnosed with Post partum depression after my son was born, I was admitted twice to hospital for treatment, the last time also had ect, I have been on several anti depressants because they effect my bladder, i am presently on Venlor XR 75 x 2, at the moment i am deff having a downer again, i want to cry over everything and anything dont feel like doing anything and it feels like i am in coping mode, do you think that its time to change my tablets again, but then the problem starts with my bladder

Its hard at this distance to tell whether a change in meds would be aviseable at this particulat stage --- what is needed is for the prescribing doc to re-assess you and advise on this directly, depending on what he finds. Though some blader / urinary symptoms are possible as AD side-effects, it's unusual for someone to experience these on several difference ADs. What I would recommend would be to consider CBT counselling in addition to the meds, as this helps you learn to cope better and to avoid negative thinking habits