Question
Posted by: Liza | 2012/08/20

depressed, overweight but want to fall pregnant

I want to fall pregnant, I have been on the pill (melodene) for a few years now. I am overweight and I am on antidepressants (wellbruton). Not sure what or how I must start this. I am 32 years old and we have decided to start trying to conceive. I will be going onto a new antidepressant in about 3 weeks, one that I can conceive on and its apparently safe for pregnancy. I am not sure if I should loose weight first, it will take months to loose weight and I don''t want to wait that long. I am confused and don''t know what to do, should I loose weight or maybe stop the pill so long, coz it takes a few months for your body to adjust to your cycle again. Is it safe to go off the pill now when i am overweight and still on medication.

advice would be appriciated

thank you

I would suggest that you wait until you are oin the new antidepressant, and then stop the Pill. You probably will not fall pregnant straight away. Start your weight loss in the mean time.

1